Tailgating needs the best portable and reliable grills. You might be in search of the best portable gas grill for tailgating. Here we have the top list of best portable propane grills for camping and partying under budget prices.
Best Portable Gas Grill 2021
Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill
Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef's Style Propane Tabletop Grill
Blackstone Grills Tailgater - Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
Coleman NXT Lite Tabletop Propane Grill
Cuisinart CGG-180TS Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
Cadac Grills - 8910-40 - Carri Chef 2 Grill with Pot Ring/Grill Plate and Chef Pan
Coleman Gas Grill | Portable Propane Grill for Camping & Tailgating
Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
Blaze BBQ - BLZ-1PRO-PRT-LP - Professional - Portable Grill
#1. Weber 51040001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
Weber 51040001 Q1200 Propane Gas Grill is one among the best portable propane grill for tailgating and camping which has 8500 BTUs per hour heating stainless steel burner and 189 square inch cooking space.
The built-in thermometer, folding side tables and the porcelain enamelled cast iron cooking grates to make it perfect for your tailgating parties on a portable bar table.
Additionally, Weber Q1200 uses a disposable LP cylinder that you can assemble easily.
You may need a portable grill cart to place this tailgate grill comfortably. Weber 6557 Q Portable Cart would be an ideal choice for this purpose.
If you are using Weber Q1200 in your kitchen you can connect the propane gas tank via Weber hose adaptor kit instead of buying disposable cylinders.
You may need to buy some more accessories if you wish to turn this grill into your patio grill or one for your apartment. Those are a grill cart, hose adaptor, vinyl cover and griddle.
- 189 square inch cooking space
- 8500BTU per hour heating capacity
- Folding side tables
- Uses disposable gas cylinders
- Compatible with grill accessories
- Made of rust-free cast aluminium
- Battery operated igniter
- Capacity for 2-3 person BBQ at a time
- Little slow heating
- Need to buy portable grill cart separately
#2. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill
When you need an extremely road-friendly and rugged portable propane grill then go for Char-Broil Grill2Go Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill. This bbq grill is designed for tailgating, camping and for the beach.
Char-Broil Grill2Go delivers 9500 BTUs per hour on its 200 square inch cooking space. The TRU-Infrared cooking method spreads heat evenly across the cooking space and eliminates flare-ups that provide you with delicious and juicy foods.
This tailgate gas grill is made of durable cast aluminium and stainless steel. The carrying handles and legs are made of high-impact frames which is very sturdy.
You can easily control the temperature on your grilling grates by using the temperature gauge which is lid mounted on your grill. Meanwhile, many users suggest buying and fixing a Bayou classic valve to control the temperature on the grill.
Char-Broil is compatible with 1lb propane tanks which you should buy separately.
- 200 square inch stainless steel grilling grate
- 9500 BTUs of heat delivering per hour
- TRU-Infrared cooking system
- Compact and travel-friendly
- Even heat across the cooking space
- Temperature gauge to monitor and control the temperature
- Push-button ignition
- There are quality complaints about the grilling grate
Best Portable Gas Grill for Tailgating
#3. Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill
Coleman RoadTrip 285 is the best portable gas grill for tailgating by its powerful heating, three separate adjustable burners and the easy folding method for transporting.
The wide cooking surface of 285 square inches and a grilling power up to 20,000 BTUs makes Coleman propane grill ideal for tailgating and picnics.
The sliding side tables on both sides will be a great help for you to place the utensils and sauces while you are preparing your BBQs.
The inbuilt thermometer provides you with accurate temperature monitoring.
Coleman RoadTrip 285 tailgating grill is available in 5 different colour choices such as red, orange, black, blue and green.
This portable propane grill uses 1 pound cylinder which you have to buy separately. Additionally, you can buy separate griddles to swap in.
- 285 Sq. Inch wide cooking space
- Up to 20,000 BTUs of grilling power
- Push-button ignition
- Sliding side tables on both sides
- Thermometer integrated
- 5 different colour choices
- Quick-fold legs for easy transportation
- Easy to remove the cast iron grill plates & pans for cleaning
- The water ring that needs to be filled becomes less convenient most of the time
#4. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Propane Tabletop Grill
Two powerful stainless burners with a combined 20,000 BTUs of heat delivering capacity on a 275 square inch cooking space makes Cuisinart CGG-306 Tabletop Grill a perfect portable tailgate gas grill.
This is the best portable gas grill for tailgating when you need large cuts of meat for your tailgating parties.
This gas grill may take less than 10 minutes to reach 600 degrees F. You can monitor and control the temperature on the grills using the integrated lid thermometer and the adjustable knobs of the burner.
The locking cover, folding legs and the carrying handle make it comfortable for you to carry this compact gas grill for partying or picnics.
There is special assembling required to set up this tabletop propane grill, it may take less than 10 minutes.
This portable gas grill works on a 20lb propane tank that you need to buy separately.
Also Read: 11 Best Patio Furniture Sets 2020
- 2 Burner system ideal for tailgating
- High-end stainless steel cooking grates
- 275 square inch grilling space
- The combined power of 2 burners, 20,000BTUs
- Easy to set up the grilling
- Compatible with 20lb propane tank
- 3 year limited warranty
- The knobs have quality issues
Best Portable Propane Grill
#5. Blackstone Grills Tailgater – Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
If you are a frequent tailgater or camping guy, Blackstone Grills Tailgater is the perfect choice for you. This all-purpose grill and griddle combo makes you cook or grill a lot of food in less time.
This propane tailgating grill has an impressive 512 square inch cooking space with 2 powerful burners together of 35,000BTUs. Both burners can control independently.
Blackstone grill has two types of cooking features, a large multi-purpose grill on one side and a flat griddle on the other side. This will allow you to cook a lot of recipes simultaneously. At the same time, you can remove both grill and griddle and allow open burners to cook on pots or pans.
The patented legs of this portable grill are adjustable and foldable, making your grilling or cooking much easier.
- 512 square inch large grilling space
- 35,000BTUs of heat delivery
- Durable cast iron grill grates
- 2 independently controlled burners
- Both grill and griddle feature
- Removable grill and turn to open burners
- Cleaning the grease drip tray is a bit difficult task
#6. Coleman NXT Lite Tabletop Propane Grill
Coleman NXT Lite is a budget propane grill for tailgating. This portable gas grill has a heat delivering power of 8,500 BTUs across a grilling space of 168 square inches.
One highlight is the swap top interchangeable cooktop. You can easily change from grill or griddle to stove cooktop so that you can cook more recipes.
The removable grease tray is a great help to clean the grease dripping from the cooking.
- 168 Square inch grilling space
- 8,500 BTUs of heat delivery evenly
- InstaStart ignition button
- Interchangeable cooktops to cook more food
- Removable grease dripping tray
- Made of steel
- Easy to clean the unit
- You need to practise to fix the legs on the surface evenly
Best Small Portable Gas Grill
#7. Cuisinart CGG-180TS Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
Cuisinart CGG-180TS Petit Gas Grill is one among the best tabletop grills when you haven’t enough space for grilling. The 145 square inch porcelain-enamelled cooking grates provide you with enough cooking space for your BBQs.
The burner has a grilling power of 5,500 BTUs with an electric ignition system. The cooking space is enough to grill 8 steaks, 8 hamburgers and 6 chicken breasts perfect for a family.
The folding legs, spill-resistant dropping tray and locking handle with lid make Petit tabletop propane grill the best one for transporting or your camping needs.
This propane grill weighs 17lbs so that it is perfect for patio, decks, balconies, camping and tailgating.
- Small tabletop grill with 18.5 x 16 x 11.5 inches of grill
- 145 square inch grilling space
- 5,500 BTUs per hour heat delivery
- Folding legs and locking lids
- Spill-resistant dripping tray
- Compact and ideal for transportation
- Easy to carry briefcase-style handles
- Available in 3 colour choices – red, black, & stainless steel
- Some users found it not worth more than 2-3 seasons
#8. Cadac Grills – 8910-40 – Carri Chef 2 Grill with Pot Ring/Grill Plate and Chef Pan
If you want to prepare every recipe not just grilling on your tailgating parties, go for Cadac Grill Carri Chef2 Grill. This is a 3-in-1 portable grill, includes a griddle surface, a die-cast non-stick BBQ top and an 18” pot stand with chef pan.
Carry Chef 2 gas grill has 257 square inch cooking space with 12,624 heat output to grill your favourite recipes.
The nylon-plastic heat resistant handle and the unique pot stand make this gas grill one of the best portable gas grill for tailgating and camping.
You can use a standard 1lb propane bottle for fueling.
- Compact and multi-purpose
- Includes grill, griddle and chef pan
- 257 square inch cooking space
- 12,624 BTUs of heat delivery
- Piezo ignition
- Travel bags provided
- Heat diffusing cooktop
- Hard to clean the grease
Best Portable Gas Grill for Camping
#9. Coleman Gas Grill | Portable Propane Grill for Camping & Tailgating
Coleman Gas Grill is one of the best portable gas grill for tailgating and camping. This propane grill just looks like a briefcase with a handle. This compact design gives more freedom during transportation.
This portable propane grill has a large grilling space of 225 square inches so that you can grill more meats, seafood or veggies. Along with 2 adjustable burners, you could get a heating power up to 11,000BTUs.
The swappable cooktops give you more meal options. The grills are easily interchangeable with griddles and stove grates.
Setting up the machine is pretty easy, it comes with all parts assembled. You can fix a 1lb propane cylinder with the unit.
- 225 Square inch wide grilling space
- Up to 11,000 BTUs of heat delivery
- 2 adjustable burners
- Swappable cooktop grill with griddles/stove grates
- Easy to set up
- Compatible with 1lb propane cylinder
- Emptying and cleaning the grease tray is not that easy
Best Portable BBQ Grills
#10. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
Weber Q1000 Propane Grill is small enough to party with your friends or family over a BBQ grill.
This bright-looking BBQ grill has durable porcelain-enamelled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminium lid and body.
A 189 square inch cooking space is enough to grill for a family on its stainless steel burner of 8,500 BTU heat delivering capacity.
Push type ignition and the infinite control burner valve for heat settings are a great help for users those who looking for the best portable grill for tailgating.
You need to connect 14.1 or 16.4oz disposable propane cylinders before you start grilling.
- Single burner of 8,500BTUs
- 189 square inch grilling space
- Made of cast iron and cast aluminium
- Perfect for a family BBQ outing
- Removable catch pan
- Heat setting control burner valve
- Sleek and compact design
- The regulators may break after a few months hard use
#11. Blaze BBQ – BLZ-1PRO-PRT-LP – Professional – Portable Grill
Blaze BBQ Portable Grill from PatioProductsUSA has 12,000BTUs of cooking power with its heavy-duty cast stainless steel H burner. The 190 square inch cooking space is enough to cook your favourite recipes on your BBQ tailgating events.
Blaze BBQ could be your best portable BBQ grill by its professional-grade design. This propane grill is made of commercial-grade durable stainless steel parts.
An attached thermometer measures both internal temperature and the outer surface temperature.
Blaze BBQ uses a push-type ignition system.
- 190 square inch grilling space
- Total 12,000BTUs of power delivery
- Thermometer for temperature monitoring
- Drip pan with latches for easy transport
- Offers lifetime warranty
- Slightly heavy
Factors to consider to buy the best portable propane gas grill
- Check whether you need an extremely lightweight grill or a medium one for easy transportation
- Check the purpose of grilling – how much grill space required for a team tailgating or a family picnic. Large cook space with high BTUs for more food in less time.
- Do you need only grilling or want to prepare lot more foods during camping or tailgating – go for swappable gas grills
- Look for temperature adjustable burners for proper grilling
- Always try to use refillable gas bottles, avoid disposable one to reduce pollution. Go for small canisters
We have three product recommendations for you out of these 11 best portable gas grill for tailgating.
Weber 51040001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill with its unique side tables and the ideal portable features become the best portable gas grills.
Large cooking space with powerful heating made Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill the best portable gas grill for tailgating and camping.
Cadac Grills – 8910-40 – Carri Chef 2 Grill is our choice among the best small portable unique grills by its 3-in-1 design with grill-griddles, pot stand and chef pans.